If you’re in the mood for a small trip there are plenty of places to go and cities to discover not far from Grassau & Rottau.
A little trip to another country: Salzburg, you can discover the city of the Festspiele and Mozart’s birthplace and stroll through the winding alleyways at your leisure. Salzburg is only 60 kilometres from Grassau and easy to reach by train.
Berchtesgadener Land (65 km) has a wide variety of attractions. If it’s raining you can go deep underground to the Salzbergwerk (salt mines) in Berchtesgaden.
When the sun is shining you can visit Königsee in its very romantic and spectacular setting and listen to the famous echo.
The Bavarian capital and the “cosmopolitan city with a heart”, Munich, is just a one-hour train journey away. You can enjoy the flair of a large city and make the most of the rich and diverse cultural programme on offer.
The train to Munich takes one hour and you will avoid any parking problems.
Destinations around Grassau & Rottau
- Herrenchiemsee island castle - 10km
- Mountain town Reit im Winkl - 30km
- The beautiful town of Wasserburg am Inn - 30km
- Fortress town Kufstein - 45km
- Berchtesgaden with Eagle`s nest and documentation Obersalzberg - 60km
- Burghausen with Europe's longest fortress - 70km
- Castle Linderhof - 135km
- Fairytale castle Neuschwanstein - 160km