Culture & events
Traditional events and concerts as well as annual markets provide a diverse cultural calendar. Our museums, churches and chapels document the history that shaped our community.
There is a series of events and concerts throughout the year, to which we would like to draw your attention. The entire offer with all the dates can be found in our events calendar, which we can send you free-of-charge.
Achental Bauernmarkt (farmer’s market) sells products from the area and runs from March until the end of November 2014 every Saturday from 08:30 until 12:00 in Hefter-Gewölbe
- Georgi-Markt – Last Sunday in April
- Rottau Mostfest always on 15th August in the „Homer Garten"
- Michaeli-Markt last Saturday in September
- Kirchweihfeier with Kirtahutsch`n (large wooden swing for children and adults) in the Hefterstadel, 3th Monday in October
- Leonhardi-Ritt –Dedication ceremony on horseback with a procession to Weiher last Sunday in October 2014
- Grassau Advent in the Hefterstadel third weekend in the advent period
- Christkindlschießen (shooting association) Böllerschützen Rottau on 24th December
- Stefani-Konzerte on 26th and 27th December in the Heftersaal
- Rauhnachthoagascht from the traditional folk society Rottau on 28th December
- You can get more information on current events from the tourist information offices in Grassau or Rottau.